Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Another Year Older And Wiser Too!

Jacob has turned eleven! I can hardly believe it. It's taken a while to get this one up, but I'm doing better than I was before! If only I had an extra hour or two in the day. Anyway, Jacob invited some friends over and, after opening some presents and having some cake, we took them all to a Utah Flash game (Utah's new D-League team).
Jake got all sorts of gifts, and his friends know him really well!! He got not one, not two, but FOUR football (one was from his brother). We gave him the option of taking a couple of them back, but he would have none of it! He wanted to have all four footballs!He had eleven kids, including Jacob, his cousin Jax, and Nathan--I'm amazed we were able to get them all in the house!We had about a half an hour to open presents and eat cake, and then it was off to the game! I've never seen kids eat quite so fast!! Even for boys!We had to take two cars to the game. We borrowed Tammy's Durango, and piled everyone between the truck and the durango. I'm so glad I only have the two boys! Anyway, We got to the game and ended up with seats right behind the basket. It was pretty cool (especially as they had been on Bajio's 2 for 1 special!). We took up a good part of two rows, and I got to sit behind a bunch of boys so I could bonk them on the head when necessary! I probably considered it more necessary than I should have, but it was way too much fun! The Flash's mascot, Flash Fox, came by and paused in front of us, I happened to catch his eye, point at Jake, and tell him it was his birthday. The fox did a double take, made sure which one I was talking about, then thought for a minute and shrugged his shoulders and walked away. About twenty minutes later he came back with 2 cans of silly string and covered Jacob!! It was about the greatest thing ever!! We tried to take pictures with Robert's phone, but it didn't work very well. I have never seen a person so covered in silly string before! It looked like he was a bug wrapped up by a spider!! Every once in awhile, the fox would come by and torment Jake and then walk away. Toward the end of the game, he came out and gave Jacob a cupcake for his birthday. How cool is that?!? They didn't have to do anything at all for him, but they made it quite a special birthday! It was a great time!

No comments: