Sunday, January 13, 2008

Winter Fun

Ok, so I've never been one for any type of winter sport--It's too cold!!! Well, this year all of my excuses were taken away from me. Robert bought me snow pants, boots, gloves, etc. and took us all out sledding. He invited our friends, the Fralicks, which made it impossible for me to decline. So, with very little complaining from me (just a lot of silence) we went out to the Cedar Hills Golf Course and went sledding.

Jacob and Nathan had a blast! They never tired out and wanted to stay all day. They were up and down the mountain faster than I could keep up with. They had a great time with their friends and tried experimenting on the best ways to go down the hill. This is Brennen, Caleb, and Nathan--if I remember correctly, they biffed it at the bottom! The second picture is all of the kids making a sled train. I'm not actually sure if they made it down the hill together or not.

Robert made it down safely several times! I, however, only made it down the mountain once without falling off of my sled! I guess it makes a difference if you've been sledding somewhere in the last, oh I don't know, twenty-five years!!! This one is a picture of one of Robert's perfect runs.

By the end of the day, I had fallen off about four times and made it safely down the hill once. Unfortunately there are no pictures of me actually on a sled, but I do have proof!! If you will notice in the picture of my friend, Mariah, and me, the whole side of my body is covered in dirt! This is thanks to all of the wipe-outs that I was oh, so good at!

Anyway, a fun time was had by all. We went home, a bit sore, to the warmth of home and some home made (with the help of Bear Creek) chili. Now, Robert says that he wants to take skiing lessons! I'm not so sure about that one!!

No comments: